Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"SVU" fans

My friend metalchick and I go to the same forum, SVUfans.net, and well, let me first tell you: that forum should be rename "EO"fans.net because that's what it is. And as you know from a previous blog that that's not what I am. A majority of the EO shippers there hate Kathy with a passion, calling her "AK" which stands for Apathy Kathy for what she had done in an episode called Dependent where Kathy saw the news about Elliot's job being on the line to the point where he could be fired and not stepping up to defend her husband. Well metalchick wrote on her blog about it and I wrote a comment (it's under Anonymous, I am not trying to hide but it's reason because I don't have an ID in LiveJournal so the openID option didn't work for me):
With the "Apathy", well I do believe Kathy was very much concerned about Elliot however what could she possibly do? Elliot was in trouble with the IAB and she hadn't lived with Elliot for two years at the time, plus she doesn't work alongside Elliot either. Another thing, IAB didn't call on Kathy so she couldn't defend her soon-to-be-ex-at-the-time husband. Kathy could have visited Elliot at his apt. sure, but knowing Elliot he would've said thanks and be closed guarded, wanting to be alone as we've seen him do that so many times before. If Elliot didn't talk to her while they were married before the separation, then when Elliot went to her house, he didn't even come with details about what happen other then that he almost lost his job and got it back. What would EO shippers think what would happen if Kathy came forth and Elliot turned her away?

Olivia stepped up to the plate, defending Elliot, trying to fight for his career (because, according to them, she's in love with him)...meanwhile Melinda Warner visited Elliot and she was really the one who saved Elliot's career. Well anyway, EO shippers love to paint Kathy as this slut who seduced Elliot who was in pain after seeing some children die with a bullet wound and took advantage of him, getting pregnant and begged Elliot to come home so now Elliot's in this loveless marriage with a toddler who may not even been his (their words, not mine) while lusting after the true love of his life, his work partner. Well as an EK shipper, it's my duty to defend my ship...first off, in Dependent Elliot went to Kathy's house and told her that he loves his job and his family, he wants to come home; then in Annihilated, he called Kathy to come by and check on his kids after finding three dead children and a wife while husband was wounded (the husband did it and tried to pin it on the wife because she found out that he was cheating on her). Kathy invited Elliot to stay which lead to them conceiving their fifth child...Kathy did not force Elliot to sleep with her. "Stay" could have easily meant that Elliot could sleep on the couch or the guestroom if he wanted to be near his kids making him feel better. Plus the bedroom door was wide open so he could have easily turned around and left. Well Elliot chose to be with his wife. As for Kathy 'begging' for Elliot to come home when she's pregnant, well if Elliot had found out another way about Kathy's pregnancy, he would have moved back home anyway. In season 6's Birthright, Casey asked Elliot if he had another child out there would he want it? Elliot replied 'damn right I would' and went on how it's love for the child, how he would die for his kids. So obviously, when he found out that Kathy was pregnant Elliot would want to be there and it's not because Kathy told him to. And the part where EO shippers would want Eli not to be Elliot's well...that's their assumption, not mine. Eli is Elliot's. It's been pointed out by Neal Baer, the Executive Producer of the show and you can't get any topper then that...unless of course Eli comes down with something that needs a blood transfusion, or a kidney, or bone marrow. If they do something about that and it does prove that Eli's Elliot's child, yeah, I'm not going to lie, I'll laugh hard. However there's a thing that is just ridiculous from the posts I've read: Eli is not Elliot's child because he as curly hair...!!!! Seriously???? Hmm well when I was Eli's age (who is two years old now but at the time he was a year old during season 10) I had curly hair just like his and my mom has straight straight hair...so does that mean my mom is not my mom? I would like to bet that if they look at their own baby picture at the age of one a good majority of them will have curly hair with straight-haired parents. I can guarantee it. I should note now that in season 11, Eli's hair has gotten straight...I'm not sure if it's played by the same baby as season 10 or not, hard to tell and the little actor's name doesn't appear on the credits.
Oh, and by the way for the record and side note, Maureen, Kathleen, Elizabeth, and Eli are all blonde hair, like Kathy's and in season 10 Elliot's mother Bernadette was first introduced and she had blonde hair, so the blonde hair gene does run in Elliot's side of the family as well as wavy hair. Dickie/Richard's hair in the first season was blonde but by the second season onward it turned brown.

I'll tell ya, it's hard to post in that forum, SVUfans.net aka EOfans.net. You talk or defend your ship and you get all these little pirates coming at you with swords and cannon balls when all you are doing is sharing your own opinion and love for a couple just like they all are doing, you'd think it would be like equality in a way, respect even. But no. Nonshippers of EO walk on eggshells or not visit, only visit rarely. That's what happened to me- it was over a year until I came back to the board and even still I don't go there as often as I once did when I first joined. It's not even just Kathy, it's also AO (Alexandra Cabot and Olivia), or anybody else who stands in the way, like Kurt Moss, Dani Beck, even Brian Cassidy from the first season, whoever Elliot and Olivia have planted lips or flirted around with. It's amazing that Dean Porter won over at least a half of the EO shippers, being placed as #2 for Olivia's love life partner. Who ever stands in the way of the "love" Elliot and Olivia, then they are viewed as the enemy and so are the fans who happen to ship some other couple. They say our opinion is welcomed, entitled, but regardless it always ends up the same way.

EO shippers, before you hit the reply to blog post, keep in mind that my blog is moderated and the messages get approved by me (on any of my posts)...just thought you should know that.

4 comments:

nobody said...

I agree with everything you have said. I got so pissed when Anchor was shown and someone said FIN EPISODE AND Rolled there eyes Like it wasnt queen Olivia in the episode so it wasnt worth the film it was printed on.If I were to say God ANOTHER Liv Epi and rolled my eyes The fury would be released.
I dont go there anymore other then to read any news storys on the show but even the news story replys are filled with SQUEEEing e/oers

ANother thing they say the AK is a joke..So I say mm maybe i should say Whinnyliv and put a HAHAHA behind it(yes i find Liv whinny at times) and say oh its just a joke.
and the Kmart underwear they "joke" about hello Liv dont wear Victoria secret to bed folks she wear just what Kathy does.
Its sad I use to like SVUFANS these problems didnt exsist a yr or so ago I use to like to post there and interact with the shippers but it was respectful back then now Not so much.
I learned so much about the show from the shippers back then and it was fun. But yea its all about E/O now so only time i really go now is on wensday night to see the review on the episode before I watch it and to the Ice T boards
to see what he is up to.
I have spoken out before on how i am disappointed and gotten emails and messages on my twitter calling me names Not Cool.I can Like you as a person and not like how you run your board.
I was hoping they would take the critisism and maybe look at it unbias'd but apprently thats not gonna happen so I probably just stick to the Gallery (which is awesome and one of my fav parts)
and look for news article w/o reading the comments

Its their board they can run it how they see fit and I should be able to say what I want on my friends blogs and not get chastized for it in my email or twitter.

get a life said...

I love being an American Freedom of speech is such a wonderful thing

Metalchick said...

Great post! At least now we have a place that is EO free so that we don't have to go back to SVUfans.net.

BlaZer said...

Well said!

I'm happy to be part of the forum which is EO-free