Monday, January 4, 2010

Law & Order: SVU "Shipper"

For those who don't know, a 'shipper' comes from the word relationship; usually someone who wants a TV pair together romantically.

Anyway, on Law & Order: SVU, there's a good majority number of viewers that would want partners Elliot Stabler and Olivia Benson together. The 'only' problem is that Elliot's married to Kathy, so of course, the EO shippers have a grudge against her. Meanwhile, I am not an "EO" shipper by any means. Yes they do have chemistry but it's not the kind of chemistry that would glowing with great brightness once they kiss or sleep together, whatever. To me, if it goes that direction, the chemistry would be tainted. I prefer Elliot with Kathy; I think it provides some sort of a balance with the detectives with Elliot married with kids, Olivia single, John Munch being married and divorce 4 times, Fin Tutuola being divorced with a kid, Cragen widowed, all could relate to a family member, victim, or even suspect.
Despite whatever EO shippers may think, I do believe Elliot does love Kathy, in love with her. Although I would have preferred him to go home before the pregnancy announcement rather then after, I'm just plainly happy that they didn't get a divorce! In Burned, Kathy said that Olivia brought Elliot stability but I disagree with that- it's Kathy who brings stability to Elliot, she brings out the calm zen in him while separated he was a loose cannon.

Of course I do want Olivia to have a boyfriend, in fact the perfect man I have in mind for her is FBI Dean Porter. Except in the last episode he was in, Spooked, Olivia used him for a date and at the end he told her that their personal feelings wouldn't have matter. Ouch. But...I still have a little faith as Dean is still alive. As the Executive Producer Neal Baer likes to chant "never say never"

3 comments:

kaysee said...

You couln't have said anything better. I love El and Kathy together and do not see anything romantic between El and Liv. I totally love your view and agree with it 100%.

Lisa said...

Yup give Liv to Porter ..i did like the Big Dick well before he ended up being a murderer thats is

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree. I like the chemistry between Elliot and Olivia, but chemistry doesn't have to turn into anything. Chemistry doesn't even have to be sexual. I think the most that could happen between the two is a kiss before the realisation set in that it wasn't quite right.
I'm a huge Elliot fan, and I am definitely an E/K shipper.