Friday, October 15, 2010

Friendly Divorce


"Bill Powell is the only intelligent actor I've ever met." -Carole Lombard

This picture was actually taken at their wedding...These two are the only actors I can really think of that worked together after their divorce. William Powell and Carole were in three movies together, one of them was made a few years after their divorce, My Man Godfrey. From what I heard, William insisted that Carole has a role in the film much to the surprise/shock to the movie moguls, producers, etc. At the time divorce couples working together was unheard of and yet, both William and Carole remained friends after their divorce until Carole died in 1942. William was right: Carole got an Oscar nomination for her role in My Man Godfrey (but she lost, bummer).

No comments: