Monday, February 19, 2024

Yummy of the Mood

This month, if you'd notice (and have come here often), I have been posting a lot of John Travolta this month. Before I talk more about John, let me quickly explain that since 2022, I decided to heavily feature somebody once a month after realizing I have been saving pictures left and right for this blog. Some pictures I saved for years that never got an opportunity to be on this blog; I figured to help lighten the load, I decided to feature somebody for a month. It certainly helped downsize my overflowing photos (and save more).

Anyway, I picked February of 2024 to focus on John Travolta considering it's his 70th year around the sun! 

Being born and raised in the 1980s and 1990s, I always had John Travolta in my life. Welcome Back Kotter already left the airwaves until the late 1990s so I was finally introduced to Vinnie Barbarino. By then, Pulp Fiction helped put John back on the popularity map (besides Look Who's Talking franchise). I always thought John was handsome, with those blue eyes, dark hair, and dimpled chin - not to mention those dance moves! As a young child, I was practically obsessed with Grease. I remember often checking it out from Blockbuster and requesting extra days for check out. The sexual content went through one ear and out the other, I wasn't really paying attention to that. Oh, the innocence. Another thing was how he's really humbled about his beginnings - some actors like to pretend the TV show that helped launch a career doesn't exist and brushed off like a shrug. But not John. He kept Barbarino in a fondness of memories and kept touch with his co-stars; John was Robert Hegyes's child's Godfather and was Florida neighbors with Ron Palillo. In 2011, when majority of the cast reunited at the TV Land Awards, John looked so happy to be there, praising Gabe Kaplan. It was very touching. I also admire John as being loyal to the memories of his two great loves: Diana Hyland and Kelly Preston (both died of breast cancer), he embraced Diana's son Zachary who used to visit him on the set of Urban Cowboy, took him fishing, and cried at his wedding. John once considered adopting Zachary after Diana's death but that went nowhere since Zachary still had his father alive. 

 

No comments: