Saturday, February 9, 2013

Measurements

"There's this picture of her in a director's chair with her measurements on the back: 40-21-35. When I look at that picture part of me says, Mom, I love your sense of humor. But the other part of me says, No, your name is supposed to go there. Your body is not who you are. I don't think women should label themselves based on the way they look. What about defining yourself by a different kind of measurement? What about your heart, your soul, your compassion, your generosity, your strength, and your power? There are so many other things to focus on besides your waistline."
-Mariska Hargitay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great review of Mariska Hargitay. That's why I love this woman. The purpose: Mariska is on the cover of Ladies edition of Journal February more beautiful than ever. She is as beautiful as her mother was.